COMPLETE MUSIC TRAINING THROUGH ABLETON LIVE
Produce Music is a comprehensive electronic music production course developed by ARIA Award-winning artists, Ableton Certified Trainers and producers of iTunes #1 Albums + Beatport chart-topping tracks.
This 46 week part-time course is comprised of six modules studied in the following order:
Students leave with a thorough mastery of the Ableton Live software, a complete music production focused skillset and a portfolio of completed projects – everything they need to effectively produce release-ready music for themselves and others.
The Produce Music course is taught over 46 weeks through a combination of face to face classes, guided online learning and video tutorials, printed notes for your ongoing reference, and assigned projects with personalised video feedback provided by our award-winning trainer / producers.
- Monthly pay-as-you-go instalment plans are available for this course
- All students are eligible for 40% off Ableton Live.
For more information check out the Features, Delivery and FAQ below.
Liveschool is the World’s first Ableton dedicated music production training centre, based minutes from Sydney’s CBD in Surry Hills. With a focus on the essential skills to make electronic music and getting the most from ones creative ideas, Liveschool music production courses offer a blended learning experience of both Face to Face classes along with access to Online Tutorials to which our students are given lifetime access. With a decade of experience, Liveschool’s Ableton Certified courses are developed and taught by both AIRA award winning artists, creators of iTunes #1 Albums and a handpicked selection of Australia’s most respected and forward-thinking music producers.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this program you will have a creative portfolio and electronic press kit including completed original tracks – Remixes – Edits – Soundtrack / video work – Promo mixes, and more.
Throughout this extensive music production course you will be guided through industry standard techniques and invaluable personal tips from our trainers to leave you with a sound understanding of:
- Creative use of ALL the features and workflows in Ableton Live 9
- A full skill-set to successfully write and produce your own release-ready music
- A deeper understanding of the musical elements that are fundamental to your success as a modern electronic music producer
- Perfect warping, sound quality control and vocal acapella treatment
- Understand setups for live shows, DJ sets, and creating of promo mixes.
- Creative strategies and step-by-step techniques for remixing and re-editing in Live
- How to create your own sounds that are purely unique and reflect you as an artist using sound design & synthesis techniques
- Writing techniques for chord progressions, bass-lines, melodic lead-lines and harmonic structures that complement each other (Electronic Music Theory).
- The best ways to structure your music, creating impactful build ups, breakdowns and drops.
- Techniques for moving beyond loops and turning good sections into full tracks.
- How to prepare, start and finish your own professional mix session.
- A deeper understanding of the mixing tools available to you and best-practice techniques for how to use them (compressors, EQs, limiters, reverbs etc).
- Strategies and techniques for handling bass to maximum impact.
- How to properly prepare your tracks for mastering and how to self master when necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Equipment: Please bring your own laptop (PC or Mac), charger and headphones – upon request we can provide any of these items for you (24hrs notice required).
Knowledge: There is no pre-requisite musical knowledge for this music production course, though basic computer operational skills are essential.
Ableton Liveschool, Kings Cross, Sydney
Course Structure & Materials:
- 6 modules and 6 creative breaks
- 46 weeks total
- 26 studio sessions
- 3 hours per in-class session
- A recommended 3 hours of outside creative project time per week.
- Printed notes & Ableton exercises handed out every session.
- Perfectly crafted online videos, delivered at the right time to help fast-track your progress.
Produce Music is structured so that your study time is one month of face-to-face part time training followed by one month of creative break. This cycle repeats as students progress through each module across 46 weeks, giving you the perfect amount of time for knowledge and skills to settle after each module.
Class Size: Minimum 4, Maximum 8
TRAINERS & COURSE DEVELOPERS:
The greatest part about delving so deep into music production with our ‘Produce Music’ program is that you get the opportunity to learn from the many established artists that we have as trainers and course developers here. These include,
Harley Streten / Michael Di Francesco / Elizabeth Rose / Yama Indra / George Nicholas / Adam Maggs / Anthony Garvin / Mitch Kenny / Francis Xavier / Sameer Sengupta / Thomas McAlister.
There will be a maximum of 8 students (minimum 4).
4 people is the minimum necessary for good collaboration between students, and 8 people is a comfortable maximum to ensure high level contact between you and the producers teaching the class.
Yes you can, or we can provide one for you if you need it.
We carefully construct each course to be customised to the level of each student, so you will work on tasks challenging enough to take you specifically to your next level.
None really. As long as you are comfortable with day-to-day computer skills (navigation, opening, saving, etc), everything else you need to know will be covered on the job.
It is recommended you own a copy of Ableton Live to successfully complete this course. All other equipment is provided for the course.
A Free 30 Day license of Ableton Live is available for first time users. Our students are also eligible for a discount of up to 40% OFF regular Ableton Live pricing.
During the course you are given creative projects to work on. These help you put your learning into action, while progressing your skills at a comfortable pace. If any of your productions aren’t complete by the due date, there is no penalty – the projects are about creativity and production quality. If you are falling behind for any reason, we can provide one-to-one training to help catch you back up.
Instalment plans are available and we can get you started with a simple deposit followed by affordable monthly payments. To organise an Instalment plan that is right for you please call our studios on 02 8065 6913
- Paypal will try again automatically in 3 days to debit your account
- Paypal will try again automatically in 5 days after the first time the instalment failed. If this attempt to debit your account is unsuccessful, Paypal automatically cancels your Instalment Plan.
- When your instalment plan is cancelled by Paypal your seats for your remaining Liveschool courses will be re-listed online for sale*.
If you foresee that you won’t be able to make an instalment on-time please contact us here and let us know immediately. There are a few options available to you but the sooner you let us know the more chance there will be to keep you attending all modules as arranged.
*Note: it is impossible to recommence a cancelled instalment plan and a new one must be created if you wish to continue your study, this results in a $50 Liveschool admin fee.
Yes, but if you wish to cancel your instalment schedule or defer your enrolment for Produce Music then Liveschool requires one months notice before your monthly instalments can stop. This gives you, the student, the freedom to defer or discontinue your study at any time, for whatever reason without being liable for the full course fee. It also provides Liveschool with enough time to hopefully fill your seat in our specialised modules.
When you’re ready to make your final payment please contact us here and we’ll be happy to help. Please note however this will not entitle you to the discount available to students who pay via the Upfront Payment Method.
Simply contact us here and we’ll be happy to help. Please note however this will not entitle you to the discount available to students who pay via the Upfront Payment Method.
After booking your course you are responsible for attending all dates and we do not refund, nor accept any liability for your loss of course time. Sorry, but that’s the trade-off for the small class sizes. Alternatively, you are able to transfer your booking to another date or course if you contact us 1 month before the course begins. This gives us enough time to fairly try and fill the seat.
If you miss a class/es during your course we have three make-up options available to you, subject to availability:
1) Waiting list for a future session with an available seat. With a class size of 8 people, spare seats are rare, but if it becomes available you can sit this session for free.
2) A 30 minute one-on-one session with our student support team for free. In this time you will be given the class notes, exercises and lead through the main concepts covered in class. This alongside the online course videos should give you the tools you need to revise before the next class.
3) Private tuition session. Dates and times are flexible, pricing and details at our private tuition page here.